Re: Debian Live (Was: Debian Logo Use)

Jérémy Bobbio wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 02:56:51AM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
>> Maybe debian-live could coordinate with d-i to release some beta*
>> snapshots of the testing distribution which are known to work.

that's not actually a problem. the only overlapping thing is the kernel
and live-installer, wheras the latter is almost but not quite ready for
prime-time. apart from that, -live images and d-i images can be released
completely independent.

> The debian-installer team is already lacking enough dedicated people to
> properly answer all its bug reports [1].  More releases (of any kinds)
> that would not have been fully tested would mean more reports.  As this
> would be on top of all other d-i duties, I strongly doubt that it would
> be a good idea.

when d-i beta2 is there, it would be nice to have /combined/ -live
images (that is a live image with normal d-i netinstall on it). they
could be released one day after beta2 release is on the mirrors. as the
d-i part on those images do not differ from the normal d-i images, i
don't see any additional burden for d-i team.