Re: Debian Logo Use

Please let me know what types of restrictions we might be facing and if there are any considerations we need to make on our end.
Michael already pointed you to the Debian Open Use Logo License. You cannot use the logo this way. Additionally, "Debian" is a trademark. You can see the Trademark Licensing Policy on http://www.debian.org/trademark. The application of the law is subjective, and I'm not a lawyer, but for example Microsoft sued Linspire, Inc for using "Lindows". Of course, they lost pitifully and SPI has less money to waste than Microsoft, but on the other hand "Debian" is not a common noun and your project changes the end of the string rather than the start. So I guess you cannot use more than the first 4 letters, and I don't know if you can use that much.