Re: Debian Live (Was: Debian Logo Use)

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 10:51:56AM +0200, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > While Debian Live is really nice, some things could be improved about
> > it. Each time I wanted to use it, I ran into an issue that required
> > going to IRC to ask how to work around the problem (the problem was
> > always already known).
>
> as you know, debian testing and unstable are in flux and depends heavily
> on the maintainers ability to fix core packages for debian-live (e.g.
> kernel-modules). if those are broken, debian-live is broken.

Maybe debian-live could coordinate with d-i to release some beta*
snapshots of the testing distribution which are known to work.  I guess
the kernel needs to be at least similarly working for both, and maybe
the Debian project should pay more attention to debian-live breakage
during the days building up to a new (d-i) beta release.

Michael