Re: Debian Live (Was: Debian Logo Use)

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 02:56:51AM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 10:51:56AM +0200, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> > Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > > While Debian Live is really nice, some things could be improved about
> > > it. Each time I wanted to use it, I ran into an issue that required
> > > going to IRC to ask how to work around the problem (the problem was
> > > always already known).
> >
> > as you know, debian testing and unstable are in flux and depends heavily
> > on the maintainers ability to fix core packages for debian-live (e.g.
> > kernel-modules). if those are broken, debian-live is broken.
>
> Maybe debian-live could coordinate with d-i to release some beta*
> snapshots of the testing distribution which are known to work.

The debian-installer team is already lacking enough dedicated people to
properly answer all its bug reports [1].  More releases (of any kinds)
that would not have been fully tested would mean more reports.  As this
would be on top of all other d-i duties, I strongly doubt that it would
be a good idea.

[1] Most of them are against the pseudo-package "installation-reports".
    And most of them do not actually reports bug in the installer itself
    but in other parts of Debian.

Cheers,
--
Jérémy Bobbio                        .''`.
lunar@debian.org                    : :Ⓐ  :  # apt-get install anarchism