Re: Public request that action be taken at whoever abused their technical power to remove me from the kernel team at alioth.

On 11034 March 1977, Sven Luther wrote:

>> >   14:27:44 < Ganneff> svenl: would you *ever* consider something as
>> >   "valid way out" thats not 100% what you want, ie "you all admit you
>> >   have been wrong"?
>> > How funny, since This is exactly the discourse that Anthyony Towns,
>> > Frans Pop and Raphael Hertzof held to me : "you must first admit that
>> > everything is your fault".
>> That summary is not what I said in the quote above.
> Care to elaborate ? It is pretty similar.

Simple, as written above:

Would you ever consider something as a valid way out if that way out
does not include a full "drop suspension, give back d-i rights, full
apology from Debian for whatever it did in the past to hurt you"?

(Note the "").

>> > Show me a sign, and i will jump on it, and we will all be back to
>> > happily coding, but upto now, all my tentatives of going another way
>> > have been cruel deceptions, and the trust i had in debian has been
>> > wronged, and i have seen no real sign of anybody searching a resolution.
>>
>> The sign was big, really. It was a "take a *long* break, come back then"
> No, the sign was that i was the sole one to blame in this mess, while
> the responsabilities are shared. In the context of it, it was putting
> all the responsability on me, and totally absolving the other party in
> this. This is not fully your fault, since there was no global handling
> of the situation, but still there was no sign, only punishment.

Right, I was putting the blame only on you. Sure thats why I had a
paragraph like the following in the decision.

Yes, its not only Sven's fault that we got here. He is part of it,
probably the largest part, but many others involved in this whole story
did their own work in getting us to the point we are now. But right now,
in this procedure, we had to decide about Sven, not about anyone
else.

--
bye Joerg
<Keybuk> one imagines he'll be campaigning with a grass-roots "free auric"