Re: Public request that action be taken at whoever abused their technical power to remove me from the kernel team at alioth.

On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 08:27:07AM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Sven Luther (luther@debian.org) wrote:
> > Just leave Debian, like that, and who will give me back all those years
> > and uncountable hours i have sacrificed to debian ? Or the actual money
> > and time and equipement i have given to debian ?
>
> Funny thing about volunteers..  They tend to give their time willingly
> without getting things in return.  That's kind of the point.  If you're

I actually did get something in return, pain and hurt and rejection. If
i had gotten nothing in return, i would be happily coding for the best
of debian, and we would all be happy.

That is the problem.

> not willing to volunteer, then don't.  Doing volunteer work and then
> expecting to be paid for it doesn't exactly fly too well with the people
> organizing the work, especially when they're volunteers themselves.  For
> that matter, it comes across pretty poorly to damn near everyone I know.

Well, i am sure no volunteers likes freely giving their time, and be
handled like shit afterward, i know it happens in many volunteer
organisation.

The point is, there is no reason for me to leave debian, i still have
much to contribute, there is no reason to not search a resolution to this
issue, which is easy and not time consuming, and could be done easily
enough if all party put their pride and arrogance aside, and say :

  Well, we acted badly, but the faults are shared, let's forget past
  hurts, and try positively to work together again.

Is this so much to ask debian ? Really ?

As an example of why this is a mess :

  14:27:44 < Ganneff> svenl: would you *ever* consider something as
  "valid way out" thats not 100% what you want, ie "you all admit you
  have been wrong"?

How funny, since This is exactly the discourse that Anthyony Towns,
Frans Pop and Raphael Hertzof held to me : "you must first admit that
everything is your fault".

What is wrong in being a bit more humble, and recognizing that the fault
is shared, and that if everyone involved showed a bit of good will, then
it would be solved in no time.

Show me a sign, and i will jump on it, and we will all be back to
happily coding, but upto now, all my tentatives of going another way
have been cruel deceptions, and the trust i had in debian has been
wronged, and i have seen no real sign of anybody searching a resolution.

So, i repeat, let's solve this issue in a fair and honest way, and
everyone will be happy. Is this too much to ask ? Apparently so ...

Saddened,

Sven Luther