Re: Public request that action be taken at whoever abused their technical power to remove me from the kernel team at alioth.

On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 02:27:20PM +0200, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> * Sven Luther (luther@debian.org) [070529 13:57]:
> > So, what is the solution, i ask you, do you see some way out of this ? I
> > am all ears, ...
>
> i proposed a solution to you that would let you work on what you
> like and took care of the social complications. but that approach
> did not fit your own idea of solution", so you never even
> considered it seriously. you destroy the basis for further
> cooperation and alternative solutions in the meantime.

Erm, notice that i did that various times, and i was indeed doing it
now, when i noticed the same agression. Just as over a year ago, i was
happily investigating some powerpc d-i breakage when i noticed over a
month later what the d-i team had silently done to me.

I also did this during january/february, with the result of an expulsion
procedure being called against me, just because i dared present myself
as DPL, while i had not posted a single mail to the lists in over a
month.

> I am sorry to see it happen.

Sure, but it was unavoidable. This is a too deep wound, and it will
never heal, as long as the root of the problem is not handled first, and
a resolution to it can be found which will put the basis of of real
healing.

I did come to two persons, you and wouter, asking that you participated
in a renewed mediation of this issue. I did so after various weeks of
relative silence, so as to let the original DAMs puinishement out of the
issue, but Wouter said he didn't believe a mediation was possible
because frans would not hear him, and you weren't also overly
interested.

for a new mediation to happen, we need to find people who are
trustworthy and honourable, and which can be accepted by both party.
This is saddly rather difficult to find in debian, don't you think.

Friendly,

Sven Luther