Re: Public request that action be taken at whoever abused their technical power to remove me from the kernel team at alioth.

Sven Luther dijo [Tue, May 29, 2007 at 02:52:22PM +0200]:
> > Funny thing about volunteers..  They tend to give their time willingly
> > without getting things in return.  That's kind of the point.  If you're
>
> I actually did get something in return, pain and hurt and rejection. If
> i had gotten nothing in return, i would be happily coding for the best
> of debian, and we would all be happy.
> (...)
> Well, i am sure no volunteers likes freely giving their time, and be
> handled like shit afterward, i know it happens in many volunteer
> organisation.
>
> The point is, there is no reason for me to leave debian, i still have
> much to contribute, there is no reason to not search a resolution to this
> issue, which is easy and not time consuming, and could be done easily
> enough if all party put their pride and arrogance aside, and say :

That's a good reason to leave Debian: Because so many people insult
you, because so many people cannot stand yet-another-flamewar with no
results, because you are so hurt with it.

> As an example of why this is a mess :
>
>   14:27:44 < Ganneff> svenl: would you *ever* consider something as
>   "valid way out" thats not 100% what you want, ie "you all admit you
>   have been wrong"?
>
> How funny, since This is exactly the discourse that Anthyony Towns,
> Frans Pop and Raphael Hertzof held to me : "you must first admit that
> everything is your fault".

...And now, you also put Sam in your shitlist. And probably I'm
next. And... How many are we? 1000 DDs? Will we all end up in the same list?

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23