Re: Sound drivers detected on Mac Mini and G5, but not Powermac G4

Elimar Riesebieter <riesebie@lxtec.de> writes:

> * Ben Finney [090809 11:47 +1000]
> > Ah okay, I was expecting an ALSA patch from 2009-01 to already be in
> > kernel 2.6.26. Do you know that patch is in kernel 2.6.30?
>
> Ben, the Debian Kernels aren't patched with future versions of the
> kernel.

Right. I had forgotten that the Linux 2.6.26 release history [0] was
entirely in 2008, not 2009 :-/

> The best solution would be to install 2.6.30 which includes the 1.0.20
> alsa-drivers.

Thanks. Once that kernel hits Squeeze, I will do that.

[0] http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/

--
 \      “There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore |
  `\                            looking like an idiot.” —Steven Wright |