Re: Sound drivers detected on Mac Mini and G5, but not Powermac G4

Le Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 11:13:50PM +1000, Ben Finney a écrit :

> I have a Powermac G4 installed with Debian Squeeze. Its audio devices
> are not detected on boot by the default kernel, and ALSA reports no
> sound cards:

Hi Ben,

have you checked if the module ’snd-powermac’ is not blacklisted? Long time ago
it had a bug that was freezing G5s as early as install time, so it got
blacklisted by default by the debian installer. However, I checked more
recently and apparently this would not be necessary anymore.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan