Re: Sound drivers detected on Mac Mini and G5, but not Powermac G4

Hi Ben,

2009/8/7, Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au>:

> I'm trying to get this working with the default Debian kernel precisely
> so that I don't have to keep rolling kernels for it. So I'm still
> looking for a solution that helps the kernel use (what I assume to be)
> the correct module, ‘snd-aoa’, to drive the sound hardware in this
> Powermac G4.

I'm quite sure that snd-aoa does not support Tumbler or older
hardware, probably never will. Perhaps Tumbler and Snapper could be
supported with small changes in code, older ones probably not.

This page, http://wiki.debian.org/PowerpcSoundcards, describes snd-powermac.

Risto