Re: Sound drivers detected on Mac Mini and G5, but not Powermac G4

* Ben Finney [090808 13:38 +1000]
> Risto Suominen <risto.suominen@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I'm quite sure that snd-aoa does not support Tumbler or older
> > hardware, probably never will.
>
> Fortunately, the ALSA project has committed a chenge to support some
> older machines, including the PowerMac G4 Silver that I have
> <URL:http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2009-January/013922.html>.
>
> The above message says the patch was applied upstream on 2009-01-15.
> Debian currently contains version 1.0.20, generated on 2009-05-19
> <URL:http://packages.qa.debian.org/a/alsa-driver/news/20090520T231705Z.html>,
> four months later.
>
> Should I therefore expect that patch to be applied already in Debian's
> package? How can I tell for sure?

What tells
# cat /proc/asound/version
?

Patching the debian alsa-driver sources is not needed as we use
native alsa-lib, though. I assume that your driver version doesn't
match the the patch, because your kernel is much to old. You hve
either to compile the 1.0.20 drivers fom alsa-source Debian package
or install 2.6.30, which resides in sid repo.

Elimar

--
  Alles was viel bedacht wird ist bedenklich!;-)
         Friedrich Nietzsche