Re: Sound drivers detected on Mac Mini and G5, but not Powermac G4

Elimar Riesebieter <riesebie@lxtec.de> writes:

> What tells
> # cat /proc/asound/version

$ cat /proc/asound/version
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.16.

> Patching the debian alsa-driver sources is not needed as we use native
> alsa-lib, though. I assume that your driver version doesn't match the
> the patch, because your kernel is much to old.

$ uname -rv
2.6.26-2-powerpc #1 Sun Jul 26 21:16:45 UTC 2009

> You hve either to compile the 1.0.20 drivers fom alsa-source Debian
> package or install 2.6.30, which resides in sid repo.

Ah okay, I was expecting an ALSA patch from 2009-01 to already be in
kernel 2.6.26. Do you know that patch is in kernel 2.6.30?

--
 \       “When I get new information, I change my position. What, sir, |
  `\             do you do with new information?” —John Maynard Keynes |