Re: Problems with Dial-up on Old World Mac

Brad Boyer wrote:

On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 02:36:19PM -0600, Jeffrey Rolland wrote:
I am running sarge and installed netatalk from aptitude, so it should be 2.0.2-3; how can I check this?

Try the following:

dpkg -l netatalk

That will give you a list format with the current version and the
short description. You can also give it a pattern instead of an
explicit package name if you want to know about multiple packages.
It is indeed 2.0.2-3:

username@computerneame:~$ dpkg -l netatalk
||/ Name Version Description
ii netatalk 2.0.2-3 AppleTalk user binaries

I only fond these logs:

Is it one of those?

I tried restarting netatalk on my box, and it looks like the
netatalk.log file is from an older version. The messages from
atalkd and afpd show up in /var/log/daemon.log. Sorry for the
confusion from the earlier message.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com

/var/log/daemon.log is empty: