Re: Problems with Dial-up on Old World Mac

On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 01:03:12AM +0000, Jeffrey Rolland wrote:
> I did as you said, and the result was the same:
>
> computername:/etc/netatalk# /etc/init.d/netatalk restart
> Restarting AppleTalk Daemons (this will take a while)Stopping AppleTalk
> Daemons: afpd papd timelord atalkd.
> ..Starting AppleTalk services (this will take a while): nbp_rgstr:
> Connection timed out
> Can't register computername:Workstation@*
> nbp_rgstr: Connection timed out
> Can't register computername:netatalk@*
> atalkd papd afpd.
> done.
>
> Looks like it must be something else.

It must be. It might be worth listing which version you have.  I'm
running sarge on my box, and it has version 2.0.2-3 of netatalk. If
you're running etch, something might be different.

> I only fond these logs:
>
> Is it one of those?

I tried restarting netatalk on my box, and it looks like the
netatalk.log file is from an older version. The messages from
atalkd and afpd show up in /var/log/daemon.log. Sorry for the
confusion from the earlier message.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com