Re: iBook G3 owners

Hi.

I own an iBook 2.2 900 MHz and did some testing with your recent patches.

Thermal management is somewhat better as before (2.6.8). My iBook isn't getting much hot anymore. btw: I'm using cpudynd to control cpu speed.

X doesn't work. I only see some wierd flickering when starting X.

Somehow sleep-support isn't supported by the kernel. Any ideas?

# pmud
pmud [treshold = 420, margin = 15] started
PMU version 12: iBook/G3 Pismo/G4 Titanium
No sleep support on this hardware, exiting!
daemon stopped (missing sleep support)

$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
cpu             : 750FX
temperature     : 52 C (uncalibrated)
clock           : 900MHz
revision        : 2.3 (pvr 7000 0203)
bogomips        : 1785.85
machine         : PowerBook4,3
motherboard     : PowerBook4,3 MacRISC2 MacRISC Power Macintosh
detected as     : 257 (iBook 2 rev. 2)
pmac flags      : 0000001a
L2 cache        : 512K unified
memory          : 640MB
pmac-generation : NewWorld

[root@lupine /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq]# for i in *; do echo $i:; cat $i; done
affected_cpus:
0
cpuinfo_cur_freq:
400000
cpuinfo_max_freq:
900000
cpuinfo_min_freq:
400000
scaling_available_governors:
ondemand powersave userspace performance
scaling_cur_freq:
400000
scaling_driver:
powermac