Re: iBook G3 owners

Hi Ben! Here I'm again.

> What about with none of my patches ? (Just plain 2.6.12-rc1-bk6).
Ok. Those tests are with plain 2.6.12-rc1-bk6 kernel. I summarize you:
1) Boot in console mode.
2) Sleep/wakeup cycle correctly.
3) After wake up, I start X and it crashes (black screen, no keyboard, but hdd
   continues spinning)

Test with DRI _disabled_:
1) Boot in console mode.
2) Just after I've logged, I start X and it works. After that, I come back to
   console mode and the screens stays for a few seconds with vertical green
   slashes, and then appears the console. I can contine working properly.
3) After that I do a sleep/wakeup cycle and it crashes when it tries to wake
   up (black screen, no keyboard), but this time the hard disk continues
   spinning.

> I have no idea what's wrong for now, the log looks normal. Can you try
> not enabling DRI see if it makes a difference ?
This test is with 2.6.12-rc1-bk6 kernel plus your patches and the last
change (lis -> li...). I've disabled DRI and it works. The test is:
1) Boot in console mode.
2) Start X and it works. I can work properly. After that I return to the
   console and the screens shows vertical green slashes for a few seconds, and
   then returns to console. I can continue working. All ok.
3) I repeat the point 2 and it ocurrs the same.

> If it still crashes, I would appreciate some regression testing, that is
> going backward in the bk snapshots to point out which one precisely
> introduced the problem.
After all, I only left to test the kernel 2.6.12-rc1-bk5 and below, and the
2.6.12-rc2 kernel. Let me know which one do you want I test.

I wait news from you. Thanks a lot. :-)

Esteban.

--
Keep it soulful and spread love!
"Ask and it will given to you; seek and you will find;