Re: iBook G3 owners

On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 01:56 +0200, Esteban Martinez wrote:
> > Well, there is something weird going on with the radeon chip, I have no
> > idea what exactly at this point. I don't remember if I already asked
> > you, but did you try booting with that line on the kernel command line:
> > "radeonfb.default_dynclk=0" ? (That should turn the above message into
> > Dynamic Clock Power Management disabled).
>
> Yes, you told me. I tested it. I've tested it again and it just ocurrs like
> you say, it shows the message: "Dynamic Clock Power Management disabled".
> However, the pause still going on even if I pass that option on the kernel
> command line. It's weird because with the kernels that are working right
> for me (2.6.9 and 2.6.10), the pause doesn't ocurrs.
>
> One more time, thanks for your work. :-)

The pause is expected, but shouldn't be _that_ long, it seems some
problem is triggered by the errata workaround for those chips. If you
edit drivers/video/radeonfb.h, and comment out that bit of code:

		/* we can't deal with posted writes here ... */
		_radeon_msleep(rinfo, 5);

In the definition of radeon_pll_errata_after_data(), the pause will go
away. Does it have any effect on your crashes ?

Ben.