Re: iBook G3 owners

On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 04:50 +0200, Esteban Martinez wrote:
> > The X problem is new ?
> No. I had this problem before, with your first patch. I'm sorry if I not
> mentioned it before. :-/
>
> > Does it happen after a sleep/wake cycle or all the time ?
> It happens all the time, when I just booted in console mode and I want to
> start X, and also after sleep/wake cycle.
>
> > Does it happen without CPUFREQ ?
> Yes, it does. In both cases it crashes: Starting X just booted and after
> sleep/wakeup cycle.
>
> > Can you also try booting with radeonfb.default_dynclk=0 on the kernel
> > command line and tell me if that makes a difference ?
> Yes, I tried it and also it crashes. CPUFREQ was disabled.
>
> I attach you a fragment from my XFree86.0.log with the 2.6.12-rc1-bk6 kernel,
> just when it crashes. I hope it could be useful.

What about with none of my patches ? (Just plain 2.6.12-rc1-bk6).

If it still crashes, I would appreciate some regression testing, that is
going backward in the bk snapshots to point out which one precisely
introduced the problem.

I have no idea what's wrong for now, the log looks normal. Can you try
not enabling DRI see if it makes a difference ?

Ben.