Re: powerpc d-i daily builds reactivated, use 2.6.12 kernels

On Sun, Oct 09, 2005 at 10:08:08AM -0300, Rog?rio Brito wrote:
> > One possibility in the 2.6.13/2.6.14 timeframe is the ability to
> > remove the non-apple chrp and prep code. Also, i am not sure if the
> > pmac-ide driver works on those machines, or if they use scsi only, in
> > this case we can try removing it also.
>
> The box that I have here only has SCSI controllers, but I think that we
> could do what Free Software is best at: leave things that we don't think
> are necessary. If anybody is affected or cares to ask for support, then
> it probably isn't worth the effort of having it.

There are definitely oldworld models with IDE. For example, all
PowerBooks have used IDE hard drives since before the transition
to ppc. That means at least the 2400,3400, and early G3 PowerBooks
are all both oldworld and dependent on IDE support for internal
drives. I think there are a few desktop oldworld models with IDE
hard drives as well, but I'd have to search around to figure
out which ones.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com