[Solved] Re: d-i on a second hard drive in a G5

Solved!

I'm finally booting Linux by default, and out of the graphical/text boot
menu loop, and I can boot either Linux or OSX at will!

I think what makes the difference is the line "device=xxx" in
yaboot.conf. This is what I get from the d-i:

device=/k2-sata@0/disk@0:

This is what I have now after manual editing:

device=/ht@0,f2000000/pci@5/k2-sata-root@c/k2-sata@1/disk@0:

Just for completeness here is my yaboot.conf:

boot=/dev/sdb2
device=/ht@0,f2000000/pci@5/k2-sata-root@c/k2-sata@1/disk@0:
partition=3
root=/dev/sdb3
timeout=100
install=/usr/lib/yaboot/yaboot
magicboot=/usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot
ofboot=/ht@0,f2000000/pci@5/k2-sata-root@c/k2-sata@1/disk@0:2
enablecdboot
enableofboot
macosx=/dev/sda3
default=Linux

image=/boot/vmlinux
        label=Linux
        read-only
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img

image=/boot/vmlinux.old
        label=old
        read-only
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img.old

I will file a bug against yaboot. Thanks to all of you who helped me out
of this one. I do appreciate your time and effort.

--
Pedro