Re: report on iMacDV/iBook SE (was Re: Installing Debian on an Imac DV)

Hadess wrote:

> > > What do the Debian XFree packages include ?
> >
> > XFree86 CVS from sometime after 4.0.1c + PPC patches from Ani Joshi's
> > rsync tree.
>
> Good enough for DRI ?

No. To be exact, the 2D driver should be good, but you need the libGL stuff
from DRI. I guess I'll put all that in a seperate tarball for my next test
binaries.

Hint for the X packagers: the DRI stuff should be really easy to integrate
now. Just a few things down xc/lib/GL/mesa and in the r128 2D driver directory
have changed. But I don't know if there's already a plan how to package the
DRI stuff?

> > >   + CVS ati128 driver from DRI/PPC
> > > and it should (would...) work, or not ?
> >
> > Yes, it should. Be sure to use Option "DisableFP". If you forget that,
> > you get either garbage or a black screen, but you can abort the server
> > with ctrl-alt-backspace.

This is already old news. It works out of the box on my Pismo, however the
flat panel code can potentially damage the panel, so there's another option to
disable it.

In any case you need to specify the panel dimensions, I'll put an example
XF86Config with my binaries.

> > > PS: When done, I ask John Carmack for Quake3 on PPC/Linux ;P
> >
> > :) Might be better to ask Loki directly though ;)
>
> Hmmm, that and Unreal Tournament.
> /me drooling

/me too...

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and the DRI project