Re: Can packaging be based on upstream git tags without CPAN tarballs?

Hello Alex,

On Sun 23 Feb 2020 at 07:37PM +01, Alex Muntada wrote:

>> You have to generate debian/ inside the Git-Annex-* directory
>> produced by `dzil build`, but you want it actually to reside in
>> the root of the repository.
>
> Apologies, I missed this important detail on my reading of
> the steps. Now, I've successfully reproduced the steps with
> libgit-annex-perl v0.001 as you suggested.

Thank you again for your interest and converting my notes.

> I have one doubt only: why removing the pristine-tar and upstream
> branches if the git repository created by dh-make-perl is finally
> discarded anyway?

I assume you start by `git clone
https://git.spwhitton.name/p5-Git-Annex` and then the dh-make-perl call
adds upstream and pristine-tar branches to *that* repo which is wrong.

--
Sean Whitton