Re: Can packaging be based on upstream git tags without CPAN tarballs?

Hello,

On Wed 19 Feb 2020 at 10:13PM +01, Alex Muntada wrote:

> Hi Sean,
>
>> On second thoughts, let me take you up on this:
>
> I've started to work on this in:
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/perl-team/perl-team.pages.debian.net/tree/git-tag-based-packaging
> https://salsa.debian.org/perl-team/perl-team.pages.debian.net/merge_requests/2
>
>> 4. mv debian ..; cd ..
>
> Can you explain the purpose of this step?

You have to generate debian/ inside the Git-Annex-* directory produced
by `dzil build`, but you want it actually to reside in the root of the
repository.

>> 6. git add debian; git commit; dzil clean
>
> At which point the debian directory was added back in the repo?
> AFAICS it was moved up to the parent directory in step 4 and I
> can't see where it came from in step 6.

I think maybe you missed the `cd ..`?  I just checked, and I don't think
I made a mistake.

--
Sean Whitton