Re: Can packaging be based on upstream git tags without CPAN tarballs?

Hello,

On Tue 04 Feb 2020 at 10:57PM +01, gregor herrmann wrote:

> Right, let's see how it goes for you [0] and others [1].

It went well.

I had to abandon the all-on-one-branch idea because I realised that my
upstream master branch requires Signed-off-by for every commit but I
can't require that for commits made by other team members.

Basing the packaging on the upstream tag, not the CPAN distribution,
turned out not to be difficult, and I prefer how the packaging does not
contain generated files like Makefile.PL and Makefile.

https://salsa.debian.org/perl-team/modules/packages/libgit-annex-perl

--
Sean Whitton