Re: tool to discover right (TM) libraries deps

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 02:17:25PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 10:43:01AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > The maintainer can then bump the version, and comment this line, and
> > redo the build.
>
> Ok, but it still needs manual operation from the maintainer, so what is
> the advantage over a tool that check for correctness of md5sums in the
> standard ocaml library directory?

Err, when you have many .cmis ?

Basically, it could just be a shell script snipplet in the ocaml
packaging policy document, or something such, which would enable to
check all .cmi in two different trees or something such, calling objinfo
recursively. It would make things easier for the developpers, and not
need that each one have to find its own solution, and maybe decide not
to bother.

> You can still build the package, install it and then check if all is ok.

Err, you will not necessarily have something to check it with. It is
easier and more secure to check the .cmis.

> Moreover such a tool can also be used by user to check the presence of
> bugs in the whole suite of ocaml packages.

Mmm, i hadn't thought about this.

About your two other mails, i have gotten the findlib stuff now, and
will add the two parts about this one and the one about the .sos in my
next package together with the .cmi stuff you will send me.