Re: versioned libraries dependencies

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 10:10:55AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> Not always, the .cmi can also be generated from .ml, in case there is no
> corresponding .mli, which happens from time to time.

Ok, right.

> > Writing a tool that scans the /usr/lib/ocaml library for incosistencies
> > is quite easy using objinfo which shows md5sums of all imported
> > interfaces.
>
> Well, you have to check that the installed version and the currently
> built version. Provided the installed version is the last one.

Yes, I was assuming that a maintainer will install the just built
library and then perform the test.

> Err, i was more thinking about a tool which would tell the maintainer if
> he needs to bump the virtual provide or not.

This is more complicated though.

Stefano Zacchiroli - undergraduate student of CS @ Univ. Bologna, Italy
zack@cs.unibo.it | ICQ# 33538863 | http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro
"I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I am not
sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!" -- G.Romney