Re: zoggy package ?

On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 09:15:48PM +0100, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> jerome.marant@free.fr (Jérôme Marant) writes:
>
> > Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> writes:
> >
> > Hi Ocaml maintainers,
> >
> > >  From my experience I know that volunteers tend to become more
> > > volunteers and lazy user tend to become more lazy.
> > > Anyway, probably a good idea may be to send a call for partecipation to
> > > the debian weekly news ML, that was read by developer and user.
> >
> >   I think I can help a bit on this. I'm a recent Ocaml user and I'm
> >   very enthousiastic and impressed about this language.
> >   I've already packaged ocaml-re (Regular Expression module from
> >   sourceforge even if I did not made it available yet).
>
>   Hi,
>
>     Is it me or noone is able to parse my posts on this list?
>     I've sent some messages (among them this one in which I'm
>     proposing to help you on packaging ocaml programs) and I got
>     quite no reply while others do.
>     I'm currently wondering whether I'm on almost everyone's ignore
>     list and why it would be so.

Sorry,

I was rather busy, and maybe did misinterpret what you were expecting as
response.

We all are very glad you did propose to help us out, and will give you any
help we can, provided you need such.

Maybe the first of this help would be to help you choose the package you want
to maintain ? altough i guess that the best is to see what you are interrested
in, and see which package correspond to that interrest. There are many, many
many stuff to package, so there is rather more choice than less.

I suppose you are already a debian devopper, if not, the first step is that
you become one, or even that some of us sponsor you for your first packages.

What else can i say ? I will gladly respond to any question you may have, but
not knowing what you may need yet, i will wait for your responseto give you
advice.

Mmm, should we present each other to each other or something such, so we know
us better ? Is this usefull or even done in debian (it is a public mailing
list after all, and not everyone would want to give such info about himself).

Anyway, welcome among us,