Re: Initial Contact

Frank Lichtenheld <frank@lichtenheld.de> wrote:
> IMHO you haven't understand one important fact about Debian: It's
> anarchic. [...]

I think you haven't understood what anarchy means.  It means my
attempt at provoking action is as reasonable an attempt as anyone else's.
There are limits on Debian's anarchy, but they're not really in play
here, yet.

> [...] So rants doesn't change
> anything. Either make proposals for changes (and join the part of
> Debian you want to change when you are a DD) or stick with your anger.

It's not even clear what is broken yet, so proposing changes would be
premature.  Equally, complaining about DAM, Front Desk, AMs or someone
else (do we all blame the DPL?) would be unreasonable and unfair at
this point.

Something is definitely going a bit odd, though.  It is quicker to come
in from the cold and get core commit access to other major projects than
it is to go from being recommended for DD to getting it.  I want to find
out what is causing it and what can be done.  Joining as an AM (I think
that's the only possibility?) at this time might not be the best thing
(unless someone wants to convince me otherwise), as I get the impression
that more AMs is not the main problem, with many people stuck at "DAM
to approve account" in the status page.  Let's hope we can get a better
understanding first.