Re: Initial Contact

Hi,

MJ Ray <markj@cloaked.freeserve.co.uk> on debian-newmaint,
re the large number of NMs queued in front of the DAM:
> So how do we fix this?  Most of us are used to having clear information
> available to us, but it seems that the status screen is misleading at
> best, missing the evaluation step described in the docs.  Then again,
> that step doesn't seem to be happening much?  Does it help or hinder if
> this list questions AM reports?

IMHO, a proper evaluation would involve the mail traffic between the AM
and the NM. I don't know if every NM wants that to be available to the
public-at-large; personally, I don't care.

Having a couple of designated people who co-ACK the AM's report might
help, or it might not. That's the call of the DAM.

This mail is CC: da-manager@d.o. Maybe James or Martin can comment on what
would be helpful / needed / whatever to speed up their part of the
process.

--
Matthias