Re: Initial Contact

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 10:05:36PM +1000, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> > Who is responsible for the training and guidance of the AMs?  It reads
> > on the web like it's the NM committee, ie the AMs, Front Desk and DAM.
>
> I guess it's mainly the Front Desk, and, informally, other AMs by
> approaching them and asking how they do it.  There isn't really that
> much training... I send them a short blurb what it's important and
> tell them to read the docs at the web page.  Additionally, I comment
> on each AM report if something is missing.

Can the finished AM reports be made available e.g. under
nm.debian.org:/org/nm.debian.org? This would make it possible for others
to learn from these examples, and we could document stuff better, too.

We could placate them with notices about confidentiality if people are
concerned about that... I don't think much of the stuff would be a problem
to be known to other developers, but some of it might.

Alternatively by default don't file them, but on a case-by-case basis
determine if the everyone agrees to make them readable to all other
developers. Shouldn't be much work, either, just one extra query/checkbox
at the end of the process...?

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.