Re: Initial Contact

[ from debian-mentors ]

Hi,

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:04:18 +0000, Jesus Climent wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 01:29:39PM +0200, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
>> Emphasis on _long_. (Does anybody know why new maintainer approvals
>> seem to be stalled (again)?)
>
> No. And probably is better not to ask, to avoid any further delays. ;)

Well, if there is some way to find out without asking, I haven't found it
yet.

> Just keep the good job, get some sponsor, upload regularly your packages
> with the regular bug fixes/feature improvements/new upstream releases
> and hope for the best while waiting, as everybody else.

I'm doing that. My AM didn't yet OK my T&S, though, so it's not _me_ (not
yet, anyway ;-)  I'm asking this on behalf of.

The new-maintainer statistics are somewhat de-motivating for prospective
new maintainers, though, as the number of completed approvals has been
Zero during 13 out of 15 weeks this year.  :-/

--
Matthias