Re: Non-Session-Manager

On 3/7/20 11:30 PM, IOhannes m zmölnig (Debian/GNU) wrote:
what really turns*me*  away from non, is the use of WAF as the buildsystem.

quote from upstream developer:

"There was an issue a while I ago that I fixed related to how unique the shipped WAF binary is. I think it should be in a good place now to use a system-wide WAF as Debian prefers. The problem with WAF and I think the reason they bundle it the way they do is they they're constantly making breaking changes (every time I've upgrade it, it broke something), so it's hard to imagine that a system-wide WAF install work work for long before something breaking and requiring everyone to change their wscripts. I guess that depends on how closely Debian follows upstream on the WAF packages."

There was a waf update on 2019-09-25 indeed: https://git.tuxfamily.org/non/non.git/