Re: Debian on my tablet?

On Sat, Jan 21, 2017 at 3:44 PM, Rodolfo Medina wrote:

> The following two files were created: BOOT and embedded-update.img, and the
> following output was produced:
>
> rkunpack: info: RKFW signature detected
> rkunpack: info: version: 1.1.0
> rkunpack: info: date: 2013-04-17 15:57:08
> rkunpack: info: family: rk30xx
> rkunpack: info: 00000066-0002ee73 BOOT                       (size: 192014)
> rkunpack: info: 0002ee74-1a137e77 embedded-update.img        (size: 437293060)
> unpacked
>
> .  Is embedded-update.img our kernel image?  And should we conclude that maybe
> 0x00000066 is the system RAM base address we are looking for?

Not sure, what is the output of these commands?

file BOOT
file embedded-update.img

The 0x00000066 is more likely to be a location on the tablet's storage device.

> .  So I need the two parameters: --base and --kernel.  Should I maybe put, in
> place of 0x00200000, the above 0x00000066 that came out from the output of
> rkunpack?  And what should I put in place of zImage?

No, those are the locations on your tablet's storage device where the
data in those files should be placed.

> the binary busybox was already in my computer

The busybox in your computer only runs on Intel/AMD CPUs.
There might be one on the tablet that runs on the ARM/Rockchip CPUs.
Please use only the ARM busybox otherwise it won't work on the tablet.

> `mkbooting' seems to be part of the package android-tools-mkbootimg.  Is that
> right?

Right, but android-tools-mkbootimg will be going away hopefully soon
and the binary will be provided by another package. You can use
apt-file or this page to look up the new package name once that
happens:

https://packages.debian.org/search?suite=sid&searchon=contents&keywords=mkbootimg

--
bye,