Re: Debian on my tablet?

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 4:12 PM, Rodolfo Medina wrote:

> I don't know where it is stored in the tablet.

It depends on the device, but usually it is one of the flash partitions.

Is there a /proc/mtd file?

Is there anything in the subdirs of the /dev/disk/ directory?

> My tablet is the SmartPad 8.0 S2.

I can't read Italian but I think you are talking about this?

http://www.mediacomeurope.it/Prodotti/Scheda.aspx?XRI=2082

Did your device come with any kind of offer of source code or legal
information? This might be in the Android UI itself. I can't find
anything on their website.

I note that the website comes with firmware downloads, the tablet has
a Rockchip ARM CPU and that there is a Linux flasher for Rockchip
based devices here:

https://github.com/linux-rockchip/rkflashtool

--
bye,