Re: Debian on my tablet?

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 8:17 AM, Paul Wise wrote:

> I note that the website comes with firmware downloads, the tablet has
> a Rockchip ARM CPU and that there is a Linux flasher for Rockchip
> based devices here:
>
> https://github.com/linux-rockchip/rkflashtool

I noticed that this flasher can also unpack Rockchip firmware downloads.

So I would suggest downloading the firmware, unpacking the archive
with unar (not unrar since that is non-free) and then unpacking the
image with rkflashtool.

It would be really cool if you could also package rkflashtool for
Debian. You can read through this to get an idea of how to do that:

https://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers

--
bye,
pabs