Re: Lemote eeLoong 8089 mips based notebook stability issues (was: repository switch)

On Fri, 2009-01-30 at 17:39 +0800, fxzhang@ict.ac.cn wrote:
> I have managed to reproduce some lockups, I am suspecting kernel issue.
> Thermal should not be the cause: because
>   1. we have performed thermal test in high temperatures
>   2. other actions are almost safe; I have run some other heavy load
> programs for a long time, no die. It seems some bugs triggered by the
> compilation.
>
> Maybe you can try to recompile the kernel with different version/configs.
> we are going back to work, should be a high priority work for us to
> resolve.

That's great! Many thanks for this work. I'm no expert in kernel
but given directions on what to try I can certainly test stuff.

A similar machine (the Gdium liberty 1000 [1] I purchased from the  "One
Laptop Per Hacker" program [2]) has been stable so far under the same
load, it is running kernel:

Linux version 2.6.24.5-gdiumv3-2.2mnb (rtp@dhcp120.mandriva.com) (gcc
version 4.2.3 (4.2.3-6mnb1)) #1 Fri Dec 5 14:35:59 CET 2008

>From OS "Mandriva Linux release 2008.1 (Official) for mipsel".

Sincerely,

Laurent

(1) http://www.gdium.com/en/product/liberty1000