Re: Lemote eeLoong 8089 mips based notebook stability issues (was: repository switch)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: Giuseppe Sacco <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Lemote eeLoong 8089 mips based notebook stability issues (was: repository switch)
- From: Laurent GUERBY <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 10:47:14 +0100
- Message-id: <1233308834.19995.99.camel@localhost>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <1232364434.14673.837.camel@localhost> <1232437666.12198.7.camel@rays> <1232439318.14673.892.camel@localhost> <email@example.com> <1232538532.14673.916.camel@localhost> <1232549423.14673.924.camel@localhost> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <1232650540.17541.29.camel@localhost> <1233264172.19995.61.camel@localhost> <email@example.com>
On Fri, 2009-01-30 at 17:39 +0800, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> I have managed to reproduce some lockups, I am suspecting kernel issue.
> Thermal should not be the cause: because
> 1. we have performed thermal test in high temperatures
> 2. other actions are almost safe; I have run some other heavy load
> programs for a long time, no die. It seems some bugs triggered by the
> Maybe you can try to recompile the kernel with different version/configs.
> we are going back to work, should be a high priority work for us to
That's great! Many thanks for this work. I'm no expert in kernel
but given directions on what to try I can certainly test stuff.
A similar machine (the Gdium liberty 1000  I purchased from the "One
Laptop Per Hacker" program ) has been stable so far under the same
load, it is running kernel:
Linux version 22.214.171.124-gdiumv3-2.2mnb (email@example.com) (gcc
version 4.2.3 (4.2.3-6mnb1)) #1 Fri Dec 5 14:35:59 CET 2008
>From OS "Mandriva Linux release 2008.1 (Official) for mipsel".