Re: Lemote eeLoong 8089 mips based notebook repository switch

On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 12:48 +0100, Laurent GUERBY wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 16:11 +0800, fxzhang@ict.ac.cn wrote:
> > >
> > > I currently have stability problem: when I launch the GCC testsuite
> > > the lemote hangs after a while, screen is black (but not blank),
> > > keyboard has no effect and according to ssh tail -f nothing in kern.log.
> > You mean it is still alive and can be sshed into?
>
> No ping and no ssh (the .log was seen through a remote ssh connection
> which was cut).
>
> FWIW I just noticed after the reboot:
>
> debian:/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0# cat crash_notes
> be19ab80
>
> > Maybe you can try to turn off dynamic cpufreq because it is not yet well
> > tested.
> > echo performance > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
>
> I confirm that without load the machine is stable (> 1 day). I'm
> now trying again gcc testsuite with the scaling_governor you suggested.

Machine froze (no ping / no ssh / nothing in kern.log / black screen)
after 2h06 minutes of ~1 load with scaling_governor at performance. I'm
retrying with a shell script to record ps fauxwww each second in case it
will catche something.

Since my problem looks deterministic any advice on what to look at or
try welcomed.

Thanks in advance,

Laurent