Re: Lemote eeLoong 8089 mips based notebook repository switch
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: Giuseppe Sacco <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Lemote eeLoong 8089 mips based notebook repository switch
- From: Laurent GUERBY <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 15:50:23 +0100
- Message-id: <1232549423.14673.924.camel@localhost>
- In-reply-to: <1232538532.14673.916.camel@localhost>
- References: <1232364434.14673.837.camel@localhost> <1232437666.12198.7.camel@rays> <1232439318.14673.892.camel@localhost> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <1232538532.14673.916.camel@localhost>
On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 12:48 +0100, Laurent GUERBY wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 16:11 +0800, email@example.com wrote:
> > >
> > > I currently have stability problem: when I launch the GCC testsuite
> > > the lemote hangs after a while, screen is black (but not blank),
> > > keyboard has no effect and according to ssh tail -f nothing in kern.log.
> > You mean it is still alive and can be sshed into?
> No ping and no ssh (the .log was seen through a remote ssh connection
> which was cut).
> FWIW I just noticed after the reboot:
> debian:/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0# cat crash_notes
> > Maybe you can try to turn off dynamic cpufreq because it is not yet well
> > tested.
> > echo performance > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
> I confirm that without load the machine is stable (> 1 day). I'm
> now trying again gcc testsuite with the scaling_governor you suggested.
Machine froze (no ping / no ssh / nothing in kern.log / black screen)
after 2h06 minutes of ~1 load with scaling_governor at performance. I'm
retrying with a shell script to record ps fauxwww each second in case it
will catche something.
Since my problem looks deterministic any advice on what to look at or
Thanks in advance,