Re: RFS: tvim

Mauro Lizaur wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Jun 2009, Harry Rickards wrote:
>
>> On 27 Jun 2009, at 21:50, Mauro Lizaur <lavaramano@debian-community.org>
>> wrote:

>>> shouldn't it depend on gvim?
>> listed in build-dependencies), whereas gtkmm isn't. Thanks for pointing
>> out gvim, I'll add that as a dependency when I get access to my Debian
>> box again (another ~10 hours).

Fixed now.

>>> If it is the first revision of the package, the version should be
>>> '0.2-1' and not '0.2-2'.
>> It's actually the second revision, as I previously created a quick
>> binary only package just to get a .deb out there. That can't be uploaded
>> to mentors.debian.net as it's just a .deb file.
>
> Well, while it's true, I consider this to be the first.
> It's not a 'bad thing' anyway.
>
>>> Another advice, after sending the RFS be sure that the package
>>> actually
>>> builds and it's completely lintian clean.
>> It should be. It builds fine and is lintian clean both on my normal PC
>> (sid) and in a cleanly installed sid chroot. Does it not build for you/
>> is it not lintian clean for you?
>>

> Didn't tried to build it. My 'bad', to be sincere.
> (Now I tried and worked)
>
> About lintian, using the --pedantic option I got this:
> (Note that --pedantic isn't really required, but this got my attention)

Thanks, I've added that to my ~/.devscripts.

> % lintian -Ii --pedantic tvim_0.2-2_source.changes
> P: tvim source: direct-changes-in-diff-but-no-patch-system Makefile.am and 4 more
> N:
> N:    The Debian diff.gz contains changes to files or creation of additional
> N:    files outside the debian directory. Keeping the changes as separate
> N:    patches under the control of a patch system allows for more fine grained
> N:    control over them. The package will also more easily support possible
> N:    future source package formats if all changes outside the debian
> N:    directory are stored as patches.
> N:
> N:    Severity: pedantic, Certainty: certain
> N:
>
> % diff tvim-orig/tvim-0.2/Makefile.am tvim/tvim-0.2/Makefile.am
> 6c6
> < tvimdocdir = ${prefix}/doc/tvim
> ---
>> tvimdocdir = ${prefix}/share/doc/tvim
> 9d8
> <       COPYING\
> 12d10

Fixed now (I think). I've added patches for all the needed changes with
dpatch, and removed all the stuff that wasn't needed (I think I
accidently used ~/tvim/nm/tvim-0.2 as my working directory yesterday).
Works fine in my chroot (is running Sid and has only got the needed
packages for Debian to run plus the build dependencies and normal
dependencies.) I've also removed UTF-8 from the FreeDesktop file via a
patch, as it's been deprecated. Should I contact the upstream author and
ask them to remove it from the upstream source, or just leave it?

> Regards,
> Mauro

- --
Many thanks