Re: RFS: tvim

On 26 Jun 2009, at 20:29, Mauro Lizaur <lavaramano@debian- community.org> wrote:

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009, Harry Rickards wrote:

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "tvim".

* Package name    : tvim
 Version         : 0.2-1
 Upstream Author : Francis Smit <grizzly@smit.id.au>
* URL             : http://sourceforge.net/projects/tvim/
* License         : GPLv3
 Section         : misc

It is these binary packages:
tvim     - a gui wrapper around gvim's remote interface

The upload would fix this bug: 534607

The package can be found on the tvim download page on Sourceforge.net :

Hi there,
Please notice that you should provide a source package and not a
binary package (as you did).
This can be done by executing dpkg-buildpackage (as I imagine you did)
but with the '-S' option.

Also, there's a FAQ that probably will answer most of your questions that
can be found here:
http://people.debian.org/~mpalmer/debian-mentors_FAQ.html

Regards,
Mauro

Ok, thanks for the advice. I'll have a read through the FAQ and make a source package. I actually used dpkg-deb not dpkg-buildpackage, as when I try to use dh_make (as per the New Maintainers Guide), I get an error about no Makefiles being found in the top directory, even though I know they're there. I also can't seem to convert the Makefile into the rule file manually. Just out of interest, should the Makefiles be generated with ./ configure then put in the package, or should debian/rules generate them with ./configure? When I try to get rules to do that (adding './ configure --prefix=/usr' to the configure section of debian/tules), I get an error like: 'Make: ./configure not found'.

Thanks
Harry Rickards