Re: RFS: tvim

On 27 Jun 2009, at 21:50, Mauro Lizaur <lavaramano@debian- community.org> wrote:

On Sat, 27 Jun 2009, Harry Rickards wrote:

Okay, I've got everything working in now, so here's the revised RFS thingy:

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "tvim".

* Package name    : tvim
 Version         : 0.2-2
 Upstream Author : Francis Smit <grizzly@smit.id.au>
* URL             : http://tvim.sourceforge.net/
* License         : GPLv3
 Section         : misc

It builds these binary packages:
tvim       - a gui wrapper around gvim's remote interface

Hello Harry,
There are still a couple of issues:
- From the long description:
"..TVim is written in C++ using gtkmm-2.4 (>= 2.8) and
libglademm-2.4 (>= 2.6).."
I believe these should be listed in the build-dependencies field, and
shouldn't it depend on gvim?

According to the upstream author, he doesn't think that gtkmm and libglademm-2.4 are needed. I tested it, and libglademm is needed (and is listed in build-dependencies), whereas gtkmm isn't. Thanks for pointing out gvim, I'll add that as a dependency when I get access to my Debian box again (another ~10 hours).

Also Try to improve the long description and the manpage.
I'm not that great at writing stuff, but I'll have a go at improving them. The upstream author's either going to write them himself, or ask for a doc writer on Sourceforge.

If it is the first revision of the package, the version should be
'0.2-1' and not '0.2-2'.

It's actually the second revision, as I previously created a quick binary only package just to get a .deb out there. That can't be uploaded to mentors.debian.net as it's just a .deb file.

Another advice, after sending the RFS be sure that the package actually
builds and it's completely lintian clean.

It should be. It builds fine and is lintian clean both on my normal PC (sid) and in a cleanly installed sid chroot. Does it not build for you/ is it not lintian clean for you?

Thanks for the advice
Harry
Regards,
Mauro

--
JID: lavaramano@jabber.org | http://lusers.com.ar/
2B82 A38D 1BA5 847A A74D 6C34 6AB7 9ED6 C8FD F9C1