Re: RFS: tvim

On Sat, 27 Jun 2009, Harry Rickards wrote:

> On 27 Jun 2009, at 21:50, Mauro Lizaur <lavaramano@debian-community.org>
> wrote:
>

>> Hello Harry,
>> There are still a couple of issues:
>> - From the long description:
>> "..TVim is written in C++ using gtkmm-2.4 (>= 2.8) and
>> libglademm-2.4 (>= 2.6).."
>> I believe these should be listed in the build-dependencies field, and
>> shouldn't it depend on gvim?
>
> According to the upstream author, he doesn't think that gtkmm and
> libglademm-2.4 are needed. I tested it, and libglademm is needed (and is
> listed in build-dependencies), whereas gtkmm isn't. Thanks for pointing
> out gvim, I'll add that as a dependency when I get access to my Debian
> box again (another ~10 hours).

Right. Sorry, didn't saw the libglademm in the build-dep (my eyes are
betraying me lately)

>> Also Try to improve the long description and the manpage.
> I'm not that great at writing stuff, but I'll have a go at improving
> them. The upstream author's either going to write them himself, or ask
> for a doc writer on Sourceforge.

Alright, I know that there isn't much to write ;-)

>> If it is the first revision of the package, the version should be
>> '0.2-1' and not '0.2-2'.
>
> It's actually the second revision, as I previously created a quick
> binary only package just to get a .deb out there. That can't be uploaded
> to mentors.debian.net as it's just a .deb file.

Well, while it's true, I consider this to be the first.
It's not a 'bad thing' anyway.

>> Another advice, after sending the RFS be sure that the package
>> actually
>> builds and it's completely lintian clean.
>
> It should be. It builds fine and is lintian clean both on my normal PC
> (sid) and in a cleanly installed sid chroot. Does it not build for you/
> is it not lintian clean for you?

Didn't tried to build it. My 'bad', to be sincere.
(Now I tried and worked)

About lintian, using the --pedantic option I got this:
(Note that --pedantic isn't really required, but this got my attention)

% lintian -Ii --pedantic tvim_0.2-2_source.changes
P: tvim source: direct-changes-in-diff-but-no-patch-system Makefile.am and 4 more
N:
N:    The Debian diff.gz contains changes to files or creation of additional
N:    files outside the debian directory. Keeping the changes as separate
N:    patches under the control of a patch system allows for more fine grained
N:    control over them. The package will also more easily support possible
N:    future source package formats if all changes outside the debian
N:    directory are stored as patches.
N:
N:    Severity: pedantic, Certainty: certain
N:

% diff tvim-orig/tvim-0.2/Makefile.am tvim/tvim-0.2/Makefile.am
6c6
< tvimdocdir = ${prefix}/doc/tvim
---
> tvimdocdir = ${prefix}/share/doc/tvim
9d8
<       COPYING\
12d10

Regards,
Mauro

--
JID: lavaramano@jabber.org | http://lusers.com.ar/
2B82 A38D 1BA5 847A A74D 6C34 6AB7 9ED6 C8FD F9C1