Re: RFS: tvim

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009, Harry Rickards wrote:

> Ok, thanks for the advice. I'll have a read through the FAQ and make a
> source package. I actually used dpkg-deb not dpkg-buildpackage, as when I
> try to use dh_make (as per the New Maintainers Guide), I get an error
> about no Makefiles being found in the top directory, even though I know
> they're there. I also can't seem to convert the Makefile into the rule
> file manually.

Let me see if I understood correctly:
You:
-> untarred tvim-0.2.tar.gz
-> entered to the tvim directory
-> executed dh_make -f ../tvim-0.2.tar.gz

And then you got the error about no makefiles?
I just did that and worked just fine

Meanwhile, I recommend you to use pbuilder [0] to start packaging, this way
you can test stuff without breaking anything on your system while practicing.
BTW, use the unstable version of the packaging tools since you'll be (usually)
packaging for unstable (unless you want to package something for ubuntu, etc).

Also, keep in mind that you will need to complete tvim's build-dependencies
which are likely to be listed in the 'configure' file (or in the README), so
take a look at the new maintainers guide [1] where you can find a snippet to
find them.

[0] http://packages.debian.org/pbuilder
    http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/software/pbuilder-doc/pbuilder-doc.html
[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/ch-dreq.en.html#s-control

Regards,
Mauro

--
JID: lavaramano@jabber.org | http://lusers.com.ar/
2B82 A38D 1BA5 847A A74D 6C34 6AB7 9ED6 C8FD F9C1