Re: Packaging phpLDAPadmin. Newbie's questions.

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 18:47:51 -0600, David Segonds <david@segonds.org> said:

> Dumb question: Did you envision a version of 'ucf' that would not
> rely on being installed on the machine but directly integrated in
> the post and pre scripts?

	Duplication of code, and bug fixes in ucf can benefit all
 packages using ucf. Unlike complex utilities, ucf has a very simple
 interface, and essentially does one thing -- ask the user questions
 about configuration files just like dpkg does for conffiles.

> Having multiple copy of 'ucf' laying around is not really effective
> though but, that one less package to install.

	Umm, what is the downside of installing another package,
 rather than having gazillions of copies of it lying around?

> ucf is keeping one hashfile for all the files that depend on it in
> /var/lib/ucf. One other option, would have been to store one
> hashfile per package.

	And what would the advantage be?

	manoj

--
"Anything else, sir?" asked the attentive bellhop, trying his best to
make the lady and gentleman comfortable in their penthouse suite in