Re: Packaging phpLDAPadmin. Newbie's questions.

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 09:32:48AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> 	Check out ucf; it has been specifically written to allow you
>  to offer the user a choice, exactly like dpkg does for conffiles.

I looked at the documentation for ucf and briefly played with it. If you
want to use ucf, I guess you need to put it as a "Depends:" for your
package, right?

Which packages are using ucf today for their configuration needs?

Dumb question: Did you envision a version of 'ucf' that would not rely
on being installed on the machine but directly integrated in the post
and pre scripts?

Having multiple copy of 'ucf' laying around is not really effective
though but, that one less package to install.

ucf is keeping one hashfile for all the files that depend on it in
/var/lib/ucf. One other option, would have been to store one hashfile
per package.

A lot of thoughts as been put in 'ucf' and I will give it a shot for
phpldapadmin. I am interested in the decision you made for your design.

David.
--
David Segonds - PGP 0x1F7A3E7A