Re: Bug #23053 (was Re: fix for frozen)

apharris@burrito.onshore.com (Adam P. Harris) writes:

> I believe what you were (?) doing is still a crucial bug.  If the hamm
> version still has you directly mucking with files you don't own in
> /etc, it is severely broken.  Please don't take offense at this, it's
> just that we have a lot of pride in our Policy and in our product.

I know... I'm working on a fix that uses 'useradd' instead... But since I'm
about to move 7000 km, my time is quite limited... But I'll try to upload the
fix before Hamm is released...

> You should not try to redesign /etc/passwd at all (i.e., the
> discussion about using a database format for /etc/passwd).  Instead,
> find out about PAM and how it makes that proposal irrelevant.

That was hardly the issue (nor my intention)...

___________     Debian GNU/Linux  Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just
___  /___(_)__________  _____  __ selective about who its friends are
_  /___  / _  / / / /_/ /__>  < Turbo Fredriksson Tel: +46-704-697645
/_____/_/  /_/ /_/\__,_/ /_/|_| S-415 10 Göteborg    turbo@tripnet.se
          PGP#788CD1A9          SWEDEN         www5.tripnet.se/~turbo
------- PGP:  B7 92 93 0E 06 94 D6 22  98 1F 0B 5B FE 33 A1 0B ------
--
North Korea quiche ammunition Honduras nuclear SDI Saddam Hussein
Ft. Bragg FBI Peking Serbian Ortega explosion Rule Psix Ft. Meade