Re: python-cyvcf2 test failures (Was: python-pybedtools: fixing the failing tests)

On 7/31/18 12:45 PM, Liubov Chuprikova wrote:
> Hi Steffen,
>
> On Sun, 29 Jul 2018 at 03:39 Steffen Möller <steffen_moeller@gmx.de
> <mailto:steffen_moeller@gmx.de>> wrote:
>
>     python-cyvcf2 was this accepted into unstable. That was quick.
>

> I just noticed that there were not all necessary dependencies
> indicated, so it doesn't build at the moment [1]. And I also cautch
> one more error which arises in a test that invokes cyvcf2 using click
> module. The fix is to export C.UTF-8 encoding and is relevant for
> python3.6. I have just pushed these fixes, please, take a look!
Will do. Thank you for that.

>     @Liubov, you are most cordially invited to join the packaging of
>     whatever package you like. Just add yourself as an uploader and send a
>     ping for the upload. You did a very nice job on pybedtools [need to
>     investigate where this is stuck now] and cyvcf2, can't praise you
>     enough
>     for that.
>

> Thank you! I need to do a small investigation first to find out which
> package I would like to package. For now I am really enjoying writing
> autopkgtests and fixing bugs.
>
> I am a bit lost among those python packages you wrote about in the
> very first letter: python-seqcluster, pythong-gfftools,
> python-pybedtools, python-cyvcf2. I would very glad if you give me a
> hint which package to take in case you need more help!

I think if you could bring python-cyvcf2 to a stage that I could sponsor
you, this would be nice. This sounds like the quickest thing to do and
would give me a bit of a mental break on that. Python-bedtools just got
all our (and additional) changes merged by upstream. I will look into
that. Concerning  python-seqcluster and pythong-gfftools, I admit to
have already forgotten about them and have only now added seqcluster to
the bio-dev tasks list :)  All my motivation behind those packages comes
from bcbio (also on salsa) for which the others are build dependencies.
I do not care about any particular order these appear in our distribution.

> P.S. Writing from my first DebConf in Taiwan :-)

Then, by all means, close your laptop and talk to as many other
developers as you possibly can to find out what you may be even more
interested in.

Wishing you (all) a pleasant and educational time over there

Steffen