Re: Bio-Linux

Hi,

If we were to create a new task within deb-med, would I be correct in saying that I would have to:

-file a WNPP bug report,

-Create a new task in Debian med in the blends repository

-Add to this task all packages currently in Bio-Linux even if they aren't currently packaged in sid so that if they are added in the future the package will work with them without having to update it.

When it's said that we're basing this package on med-bio & med-bio-dev, does this mean we would be taking the existing tasks for each, merging them, removing unnecessary packages, then adding the Bio-Linux packages that were recently added to sid? Would we also include packages not in sid, but ones that would be considered useful for Bio-Linux, so that we would not have to update the meta-package again when the packages are added in the future?

In regards to the suggestion of a separate source package, what would that involve? Personally I don't think that having the name med-bio-linux-desktop would be an issue, since, as far as I'm aware the package will be mainly distributed from within the bio-linux iso, through download, usb and cd.

Thanks,

William