Re: python-pybedtools: fixing the failing tests

Hi Andreas,

On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 at 18:10 Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
On Sun, Jul 15, 2018 at 02:12:12PM +0300, Liubov Chuprikova wrote:

> What else needs to be done so that we could get the package back into
> distribution.

It does not build for me in a pbuilder chroot.  I get:

FAIL: shuffle, i=gzip ibam=False, {'seed': 1, 'chrom': True, 'genome': 'hg19'}
Traceback (most recent call last):

Sorry, I had not checked sid (I had no space to build one more chroot and was unforgivably lazy to make a room for it :-P ). You are right: I got the same errors after installing sid. The problem is that there are two different versions of bedtools (2.26 in buster and 2.27 in sid). Pybedtools' upstream  is aware about the differences [1] and going to update tests in the future. What can we do in this situation?

I wonder if it might be
a good idea to implement some generic way to run the build
time test as autopkgtest.  This could solve the issue for
several Python packages.

I would like to think about it someday!

With regards,
Liubov