Re: python-pybedtools: fixing the failing tests

Hi Steffen! Hi Andreas!

On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 at 12:14 Liubov Chuprikova <chuprikovalv@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 at 14:04 Steffen Möller <steffen_moeller@gmx.de> wrote:
I admit not to really know myself where to start. python-seqcluster,
pythong-gfftools, python-pybedtools, python-cyvcf2 are all not in our
distribution but only on salsa.

I have started with python-pybedtools and pushed a patch that fixes the tests that were failing. Apart from that, I wrote to the upstream about this bug [1]. At the moment the package builds successfully, although there is a couple of lintian errors and some warnings that I will try to fix.

I fixed some lintian warnings, please, take a look at the changes [2]! I am not sure about d/changelog. Will it be right if I just increment the release number to 0.7.10-3 leaving its distribution field as UNRELEASED?

What else needs to be done so that we could get the package back into distribution. Will it be sufficient if it builds and most lintians are fixed? Could generating documentation and writing autopkgtest be done later, as it is probably more urgent now to take care of other packages?

With regards,
Liubov

[2] https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/python-pybedtools/commits/master